Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Willkomen ! Tiburon QC 7524



Ever since parting with my Shimano OJ4000P and Seavenseas Tuna Mania Rod.

I have not make any noticeble addition to my arsenals of heavy fishing gear.

Even the purchase of Tenryu Jig Zam was quite a mystery, but that rod might be destined for my dear junior at North Malaysia (Well that is another story)

Today, I am proud to announce the addition of a small but powerful reel into my collection, and that is the TIBURON QC 7524.

One of the smallest Tiburon reel around, it has a monster drag and it is very sturdily build.

My Calstar 760L finally have its worthy partner by its side.

A lever drag reel with a substantially high gear ratio at 5.3:1,I will use it as my bottom fishing setup and the line used is likely to be 65lbs Power Pro (Since I has abundance of it) or maybe I will go for those ultra smooth PE lines eg Varivas and YGK.

These PE lines cost an arm plus a leg but they are also very nice to jig. Take care of them well and you will get your fair share of money worth.

Maybe I will still be sticking to my beloved Saltiga Z30 in medium/heavy jigging, but undoubtly the robust Tiburon is in its class of its own.

No comments: